by VELUX Group
Submit your abstract to the 7th VELUX Daylight Symposium, to be held at Café Moskau in Berlin on 3-4 May 2017 under theme “Healthy & Climate-Friendly Architecture – from knowledge to practice.”
Join the dialogue at the internationally recognized meeting point for daylight research and practice. This year’s symposium invites presentations from researchers and experiences from the engineering and architectural practice as well as policy makers – to focus on the use of daylight to create buildings that promote human health and well-being, and to minimize the negative impact of man-made structures and activities on climate change.
Papers are called for within, but not limited to, the following categories:
- Light and human health; how does light/daylight affect human health and wellbeing, considering physical, biological and psychological effects?
- Architecture for the senses; how can we design buildings that stimulate our senses, follow our human needs and allow us to live in balance with nature?
- Daylight as a means to rethinking the way we design buildings and urban environments.
- Living environments; how can daylight impact the way homes are built and renovated, supporting recreational and social activities, recuperation, health and wellbeing?
- Working environments; how can daylight impact the way offices and public buildings are built or renovated, supporting productivity, performance, satisfaction, health and wellbeing?
- Learning environments; how can daylight impact the way schools are built or renovated, supporting learning capabilities, social interaction, health and wellbeing?
- Socioeconomic aspects related to improving daylighting conditions in homes, schools, healthcare and/or offices?
- Building legislation; what are the opportunities, challenges and responsibilities associated with daylight in building legislation?
- Sustainability; how can we use daylight to create buildings that have a low impact on the environment, while also providing a high quality of life for the occupants?
Abstracts of 500 words should be submitted by email to email@example.com before 30 November 2016.